Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Wednesdays



Wednesdays are different in CDL.  It’s an asynchronous day for my students and a meeting and work day for me.  I look forward to Wednesdays with plans of all that I’ll accomplish.  But often, by the end of Wednesdays, I have extreme zoom fatigue or confusion about how little I got done with so much time.  I’m grateful for the time on Wednesdays but it actually puts me off balance a bit.  I’m not as productive as I imagine I will be and I get frustrated with that.  


So here I am, two hours before midnight, writing a less than mediocre post for the writing challenge.  I have four more Wednesdays in March, surely I can do better than this.  I will certainly try.


3 comments:

  1. Zoom fatigue is no joke. Wrap yourself in self-compassion. You are here. You wrote. Writing short is ok. Writing short is enough. You are enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that you made the effort to write is what is important. You will find a rhythm with this writing just be kind to yourself.
    All day Zoom meeting can be a bit to much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so relate to that ambitious mental to-do list and the disappointment when so little gets crossed off. But if you consider what you did get done, I am sure it was plenty. As this writing is plenty. And I kind of like the phrase you coined ‘less than mediocre.’ I think its a useful one I will have occasion to copy!

    ReplyDelete