Friday, March 5, 2021

Eyesight





I sensed a flicker in the corner of my eye. I glanced out the window and saw a little dark spot of movement in the sky. It landed on the branch of a bare tree and sat perched for the shortest of minutes. I grabbed my phone to get a picture and then it was gone.


I looked at my picture later in the day and the hummingbird can’t be seen unless it’s pointed out. And isn’t this true for so much in a classroom? The eraser smudge on a paper, a brow furrowed, a sideways glance, scribbles in a writing booklet might be clues to pause and look a little closer. Maybe there is something to see.

**Missed posting yesterday.  This is the first of 2 posts for today**

2 comments:

  1. Love! Maybe spring is coming? And, hummingbirds are awesome little creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I love this comparison- a glimpse of a hummingbird, to noticing something significant in a student or their work.
    It might work in a poem as well!

    ReplyDelete