Tuesday, March 23, 2021

A Day In The Car


 A day in car with some stops along the way....  


Voices outside the car:


“I’m at the dining hall but am happy to meet you outside my dorm.  I can you show you around the campus before I have class. Then you can email me any questions you have.”


“Yes, no problem to call ahead, we’ll get making your pizza and we’ll see you when you arrive in town. I'll have a table set up for the six of you.”


“This huge starbucks order is no trouble, I’ll get started on it now.”


“Welcome to the hotel, enjoy some bottled water while you get checked in.”



Voice inside the car:


“Henry, please chew with your mouth closed.”


“How much longer ‘til we’re there?”


"You're on my pillow!"


“Who took my charging cord?”


“Stop doing that Henry, it’s annoying.”


“Are we there yet?”


“Scoot over, you’re in my space!”



It's a pretty typical day one. I'm excited to spend more time outside the car today.




3 comments:

  1. Funny contrast between the helpful comments of outsiders versus the family inside the car. Good format! And a good example of “slicing” even when its not convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny contrast between the helpful comments of outsiders versus the family inside the car. Good format! And a good example of “slicing” even when its not convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these two conversations. I can't quite image the six of you in a car all day. That said it sounds like you are doing well for the start of this trip! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete