Sunday, March 7, 2021

Number Two

 It was towards the end of our zoom day on Friday afternoon.  I could tell that the class was growing weary of zoom and my efforts at entertainment.  A few zoom videos were off.  

    “Are you there Laura, Clarence, and Simon?  Can you let me know you’re there?” I gently asked.

Laura turned on her video and waved.  Clarence gave me a thumbs up emoji.  The border of Simon’s thumbnail lit up.  I focused on his thumbnail expecting to hear “I’m here Mrs Parks” or something of that nature.  This check in routine for students with videos off isn’t new, we do check-ins as necessary.  But this was new:  Simon’s voice came through the screen:  “I’m here, Mrs Parks, I’m going number two!”


7 comments:

  1. Oh I love first graders! This made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least he remembered to turn his video and sound off! Frankly that's impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're right - it is impressive! And a relief to me 😂!

      Delete
  3. oh dear - so glad the video was off but you got to love the honest of the moment! New stories in teaching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do love their honesty, they are so sweet.😊
      Thanks for all the comments Joanne. ❤️

      Delete
  4. Oh teaching little ones- never a dull moment! I bet that got quite the reaction from his friends too! Thanks for sharing this one and giving everyone a giggle.

    ReplyDelete