Monday, March 1, 2021

Bunnies


 “There’s a bunny in the bush,” my oldest son said.  We all ran to the window and tried to help each other see it through the foliage.  Once it caught our movement in the corner of it’s eye he hopped along the garden bed and under the porch.  He was gone in a blink.  We all ran out, including our dog.  Duke ran in the opposite direction barking at what we think may have been a bird.  We giggled at how Duke guards our yard from the squirrels and passing dogs on walks, but has never once noticed the bunnies.  Not even their scent after they are out of sight

We go for days without seeing the bunnies and everytime I get hopeful that maybe they have left, we see them again.  They are the most adorable pests.  I love seeing them and yet they have eaten up every single one of my heuchera plants.  What will the hummingbirds drink in the summer?  I love the hummingbirds too.


2 comments:

  1. Funny - bunny live under my bushes and eat most of my veggie garden if I am not careful with the fences. I love how your dog just does not care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your line “the most adorable pests” and I agree! Once small moment about the whole family running out for the encounter, and the dog clueless.
    Welcome to the March writing challenge! I look forward to reading more small moments from the PNW!

    ReplyDelete