Friday, March 12, 2021

The Palace of Zoom

Aaaaaah, Friday!  I scanned through my emails once last time and made sure that zoom was closed down for the day.  As I was about to close my laptop, I remembered that students had used padlet to share connections they were making with the books they are reading.  Although it’s not quite the same as paper, I’ve been impressed with their six-year-old ability to use padlet to share their thinking.  I quickly scrolled through the entries and made some mental notes about whom I should touch base with during reading conferences on Monday and Tuesday.  Then, towards the bottom of the screen was a purple note:



It made me laugh and then I realized that today is the one year mark since we left school for what we thought was an extended spring break.  One year.  Amazing.  Similar to Vivi, I feel trapped in zoom, but I love her imagery better: we’re all a bunch of princes and princesses stuck in a palace called Zoom!


7 comments:

  1. After watching the interview last night with Harry and Megan, this seems even more fitting! I love how children can boil things down and say what we all feel sometimes. Stuck in Zoom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, true, I didn't think to connect it to them! :)

      Delete
  2. Vivi made a real true connection we can all relate to! I love that you have your students leaving reflections on pallet to share. Funny connection, I wrote a piece about my granddaughter as a princess stuck in a tower, during the time children in Spain were not allowed out of their apartments at all for 42 days. (If you want to visit it on my blog, it’s called “A Fable for our Time.”) I, like Vivi, think the imagery is very apt. Perfect for you to capture it here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fran! I found "A Fable for our Time" and couldn't love it more. It's beautiful - thank you for sending me to your blog and to that post, what a gift. And I love how it connects to my little Vivi, both of you are so wise. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh she really made a great connection! It is fun to see that even the little ones have learned to use technology to share their thoughts and feeling.

    ReplyDelete